no permission for config file

Topics: General Questions
Jun 20, 2007 at 10:58 AM
Hi,
I cannot run DocProject on Vista with UAC enabled.

When adding a documentation project, I get a message that tells me about missing permissions for a temporary file that derives from DaveSexton.DocProject.dll.config.

Please change DocProject in the next release, so that it can be used with default settings on Vista.

Regards, Mario
Jun 20, 2007 at 12:51 PM
Hi Mario!

Thanks for checking out DocProject.

Currently, DocProject requires Full Trust but there is no explicit dependency on a temporary file, which means that the error is probably occurring in the .NET framework.

It would be extremely useful for me to see the stack trace of the error. Could you please look in your Application event log for any errors that have DocProject as the source and post them here?

Thanks.
Jun 21, 2007 at 2:49 PM
Here's the entry from my log:

Event: Clean project.

System.IO.IOException: Der Prozess kann nicht auf die Datei D:\projekte\GfK\Prototypes\Hypercube\ProjectDocumentation1\buildhelp\assembler zugreifen, da sie von einem anderen Prozess verwendet wird.
bei System.IO.Directory.DeleteHelper(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive)
bei System.IO.Directory.Delete(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive)
bei System.IO.Directory.Delete(String path, Boolean recursive)
bei DaveSexton.DocProject.Engine.BuildEngine`2.CleanTargetSubDirectory(String relativePath)
bei DaveSexton.DocProject.Sandcastle.SandcastleBuildEngine.CleanInternal(BuildContext context)
Jun 21, 2007 at 3:55 PM
Hi Mario,

Have you tried without UAC enabled too? I only ask because the error doesn't sound like it's related to UAC. The folder is in use so it cannot be deleted.

When you get the error do you have that folder open in Windows Explorer or something like that?

The Rebuild command calls the Clean command but the Build command doesn't call Clean. Have you tried to Build the project normally instead of using Rebuild?

Thanks for the info,

Dave