DocSite not working - missing types

Topics: Bugs, DocSites, General Questions
Jun 20, 2007 at 1:04 PM
Hi,
can you please help me to get my DocSite 1.6.1 to compile?

The types / names ContentFrame, ContentUrl and several others cannot be found during compilation.

From my point of view, DocProject 1.6.1 Release Candidate is not really a release candidate ;-)

Regards, Mario
Jun 20, 2007 at 1:21 PM
Hi Mario,

Are you using Visual Basic? There is a known issue that has to do with the way VB.NET processes custom templates, and I think it's a bug in Visual Studio.

See DocSite Templates for more information.

The workaround is to make a subtle change in each of the files, such as adding a single space character, save them, and then the errors will go away for good.

Thanks,

Dave
Jun 21, 2007 at 4:03 PM
You are right. I was using the VB version.

Now I tried the C# version and during the creation of the DocSite, it tells me that it cannot find the Sandcastle provider. However, Sandcastle June CTP is installed and I have already used it to build a help file. I do not get this message with the VB template.

What tests occurr during the creation of a DocSite to find out whether the SandCastle provider is installed?

Regards, Mario
Jun 21, 2007 at 4:43 PM
Edited Jun 21, 2007 at 4:45 PM
Hi Mario,

DocProject simply checks to make sure that the Sandcastle installation directory exists using the %DXROOT% environment variable, which is registered automatically when you install Sandcastle.

By any chance did you install DocProject for Everyonebefore installing Sandcastle? This is just a wild guess though.

Anyway, you can try to reinstall Sandcastle first, and then DocProject to see if that helps.

Thanks,
Dave