Unknown error 80070002

Topics: Bugs, General Questions
Aug 26, 2007 at 10:56 AM
Hello there, I just installed DocProject but it is unable to run. When I start vs2005, it says that the DocProject addin failed to load and asks me if I wanted to remove it. It says that the cause of the error is an <Unknown Error> number: 80070002.
I'm using Vista, I have vs2005 with sp1, and HTML help 1.x.

What could be going wrong?

Thanks in advance!
Coordinator
Aug 26, 2007 at 11:24 AM
Edited Aug 26, 2007 at 11:26 AM
Hi,

First check the Application event log for more information. See, How To Diagnose And Resolve Issues for help finding the event log. If there are no entries for DocProject then also read the rest of the document for other possible causes and solutions.

One possible cause is that DocProject's assemblies are not in the GAC or the .AddIn file has the wrong path to DocProject's installation directory. I've never heard of this issue, however, so it's unlikely if you've used the 1.7.0 installer from the Releases tab.

You may also want to try restarting your computer.

Please let me know what you find.

Thanks,
Dave
Aug 26, 2007 at 11:36 PM
I tried to reinstall it and it went fine. Probably I must have had vs2005 open or something like that. But I've another question: I noticed that constructor for type T, for example, appears as "new()" instead of "T()". Is that the standard behaviour? can it be changed?

Thanks again for the reply
Coordinator
Aug 27, 2007 at 12:12 AM
Hi,

Glad to hear that it works now :)

As for the VB.NET syntax, see the following discussion and let me know if it helps: Generate Documentation for C# only.

- Dave