DocProject For Sandcastle New Release

Topics: Features
Oct 4, 2007 at 4:00 AM
Hi .. My name's Dion Azani. I wanna ask some question ..

1. Sandcastle September Release has been released. Here is the link : http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=E82EA71D-DA89-42EE-A715-696E3A4873B2&displaylang=en.
Does DocProject support it ?

2. How to custom Topic ? For example, I wanna the topic is indexed by Application, Security or something else. By default, current Topic is indexed by namespace. I do not want like that. I wanna change to custom topic I create by my own self. Is it possible ?

Thank you ...
Coordinator
Oct 4, 2007 at 5:04 AM
Hi Dion,

1. I'm still testing the DocProject 1.8.0 Release Candidate now but all is well so far. If I complete testing successfully I should be able to release it in a couple of hours. I don't know if the 1.7.0 RC is compatible with the Sandcastle September CTP, however, I assume that it's not.

2. Sorry but I don't understand your request. If you're just wondering how to include additional topics in DocProject I've already had several conversations with others on the subject. Here's a good one that provides a few links with more information:

Additional Topics

If I haven't answered your question then please clarify :)

- Dave
Oct 4, 2007 at 5:20 AM
Hi .. thank you for the answer.

1. For question number 1 I understand.

2. I mean how to custom topic to use in CHM help, not in HTML ..?? Is it possible ? So, create my own topic such as Security, Application etc. Is it possible ?

Thank you ..
Coordinator
Oct 4, 2007 at 6:09 AM
Hi Dion,

If you follow the Creating Custom Topics tutorial it explains how to add additional topics to the .chm file by modifying the .hhc file. It's not the most elegant solution, but it works for now.

Does that help?

FYI, I'm just finishing up development on my new XmlTreeView control (derives from the FCL TreeView; will be released with DocProject in another VS project, like the HtmlEditor control) and it supports drag/drop, renaming particular nodes and a mixture of user conceptual content and API topics generated by Sandcastle. It works with an IXPathNavigable implementation as the data source and exposes some new binding and action events as well as a management API for encapsulating data binding logic.

The tree view control is going to be available in a subsequent release of DocProject as part of the Custom Topic Management Dialog, which will also be available as a new Visual Studio tool window.

- Dave
Oct 4, 2007 at 8:23 AM
Thank you for the answer ...

I will try it. By the way, can Sandcastle link to Local MSDN ? By default it link to Microsoft's web : msdn2.microsoft.com.

Thank you ...

Dion Azani
Coordinator
Oct 4, 2007 at 12:02 PM
Hi Dion,

I don't think Sandcastle can link to local MSDN installations, but to be perfectly honest I'm not really sure. You may want to post your question in Microsoft's Developer Documentation and Help System forum.

- Dave
Coordinator
Oct 4, 2007 at 12:02 PM
Actually, just to be clear, I don't think it can link to local MSDN when building Help 1.x (chm) but I think it can when building Help 2.x, although I'm not positive about that either.