Code Filtering

Topics: Help 1.x/2.x
Oct 5, 2007 at 8:14 AM
Hi, I'm using the VS2005 display stlye within a Help 1.x window. I would like to disable the code filtering, so that only C# is displayed. Is there a way to do this by editing some of the generated DocProject files, e.g. the main_sandcastle.xsl, file or something like that? I'm pretty new to this, so not sure which files I should be looking at!
Thanks
Oct 5, 2007 at 9:43 AM
After a little tinkering, I now have the dropdown menu disabled, so that it doesn't show, by editing the sandcastle.help1x.config file. However, the visual basic, j#, etc code examples are still being show. I'm assuming that this is because the default value for code filtering is any. Where would you change this to c#?

Many Thanks!
Coordinator
Oct 5, 2007 at 10:21 AM
Hi,

Sandcastle provides the transformations and configuration files, not DocProject. Sorry but I really don't know how to disable code filtering since this is a new version of the VS2005 presentation style that I'm not really familiar with yet.

I recommend asking this question in the Developer Documentation and Help System Forum.

Thanks,
Dave
Oct 5, 2007 at 10:49 AM
Many thanks for your quick response. Its really appreciated!

I've now posted a message on the forums, if I get any information back, I'll post here the solution I receive.

On a related matter, does DocProject control things like the generated help title, size of the window, filename, etc, or is this something which must be done in sandcastle as well? At the moment, if I have a project called "DocumentClassDocumentation" this gives a title of "Help" and creates a filename called DocumentClassDocumentation.chm. I'd like to be able to change this. Is this also something I need to go to the sandcastle forums about?

Many Thanks.
Oct 5, 2007 at 11:08 AM
Just seen your post on MSDN, that should be able to help me fix edit the title, in relation to this last question.
Many Thanks!
Coordinator
Oct 5, 2007 at 11:35 AM
Hi,

The file name of several build output files is taken from the name of the project itself. If you want it changed just change the name of the project in Solution Explorer. Is that acceptable?

The title of 'Help' is surprising though. Do you mean that the .chm file displays 'Help' in the title bar?

Sandcastle's ReflectionToChmProject.xsl file accepts a project argument, which DocProject sets as the name of the project as it appears in Solution Explorer. If it's not working then that sounds like a Sandcastle issue as well.

- Dave
Oct 5, 2007 at 1:55 PM
Hi, yep, thats acceptable. I've done that, and it all looks good.

Yeah, the titlebar displays "Help" when no Title attribute is specfied in the hhp file. I followed your instructions on the msdn forums, so that I edit this file before the chm file is generated. I added this line after the Options tage to display a title:

Title=Document Class Documentation

I also solved the code selection problem, if you comment out :
<generator type="Microsoft.Ddue.Tools.VisualBasicDeclarationSyntaxGenerator" assembly="%DXROOT%\ProductionTools\SyntaxComponents.dll" />

and

<language label="VisualBasic" name="VisualBasic" style="vb" />

in the help1c.config, it removes it from the build.

Many thanks for all of your help. I really love this project, and hope it continues to do well!
Coordinator
Oct 5, 2007 at 2:05 PM
Great, thanks for the feedback and the info :)
Coordinator
Oct 5, 2007 at 2:12 PM
BTW, I'll report this as a bug in the forums so that maybe the Sandcastle team can have the Title property set automatically in the next release.

(But it appears that the forums are not letting me submit new posts right now, so I'll do it later :)