DocSite tag mangling?

Topics: General Questions, Sandcastle
Oct 18, 2007 at 6:05 PM

My XML output seems good, but when I use the <see>, <list> and a few other elements, the DocSite output is poor or missing altogether. Links are not created (with or without namespace prefixes). Is this a limitation with Sandcastle or DocProject? I'm not using the Help 2.x stuff (just 1.x) as we are only publishing to IIS.

I'd normally not post but the CodePlex search feature seems extremely broken at the moment. (page links on results go nowhere).

Thanks for the help.
Jim
Coordinator
Oct 19, 2007 at 1:36 AM
Hi Jim,

Are you using DocProject's XML documentation editor or are you referring to code comments? Either way, if you want to post an example I can take a look to make sure that it's valid markup.

Sandcastle is most likely at fault thought if the XML is correct since it, not DocProject, generates the HTML topics and processes those tags.

Also, there are currently some known issues with a few presentation styles. I recommend checking out the Developer Documentation and Help System Forum for issues related to the presentation style that you've chosen. And you may want to take a look at the Sandcastle Help File Builder's releases page since Eric Woodruff has created a separate download to fix some known presentation issues.

- Dave
Oct 19, 2007 at 7:35 AM
After a bit more poking around, I learned how much of a heel I am, from the team here. Ha! DocProject wasn't the issue, it was my reading the XML comment reference (plus realizing how slow Help 1.x is!). Anyway, thanks for the quick reply, Dave. We're polishing the DocSite theme and enjoying the content.
Thanks again.
Jim
Coordinator
Nov 13, 2007 at 5:21 PM
Hi Jim,

I'm glad that you've resolved the issue (and I'm sorry for the long delay. I just noticed now that this thread went unanswered...)

We're polishing the DocSite theme and enjoying the content

Thanks, that's nice to hear. Is there any polishing that you'd like me to include in the packaged templates to save you some trouble?

- Dave