Select excluded topic in API Topic Management -- how to

Topics: Features, General Questions
Dec 19, 2007 at 12:03 AM
After selecting the specific topic (like particular namespaces and classes) in the API Topic Management dialog box, everytime I go back to the box, it only shows those selected topics. I want to include some other classes which was excluded earlier. How do I do that? I don't see a button that shows all the topics again. Thanks in advance. Very good tool, btw.
Coordinator
Dec 19, 2007 at 1:19 AM
Edited Dec 19, 2007 at 1:23 AM
Hi,

Sounds like a bug. What version of DocProject are you using? Can you reproduce the problem in a small project and send it to me?

Note that excluding topics (unchecking nodes) should not remove them from the tree. The next time the dialog is opened they should appear in the tree, unchecked.

- Dave

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to give you my contact link.
Dec 27, 2007 at 12:41 AM
I am still trying to generate the repro steps with a smaller projects. But first, I am able to repro the case that after the topics are selected and docProject is built, if I added another dll under "References" in the DocProject, that namespace don't show up in the API Topic Management dialog.

Is that a bug, or by design? If by-design, what's the workaround to see the newly added namespace (instead of delete and re-create a new DocProject)?
Coordinator
Dec 27, 2007 at 2:13 AM
Hi,

DocProject requires existing assemblies in order to fill the dialog with API information. If you've added a reference to a project that hasn't been built yet then you won't see its APIs. Build the referenced project and then try opening the API Topic Management dialog again. If it still doesn't work please let me know.

- Dave