Why the URLs be different?

Topics: Help 1.x/2.x, Sandcastle
Dec 28, 2007 at 10:33 AM
Edited Dec 28, 2007 at 10:34 AM
Dear sir:

I have successfully made an Help (chm) by DocProject, but I found that the URLs of namespaces in the first-time-load main page are different from the one, after I clicked the ROOT item at the left bar page...

for example:
「mk:@MSITStore:C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\caubekimo\Desktop\DocProject2.chm::/00fa27c8-18d6-496c-6927-a6f391de0380.htm」
and
「mk:@MSITStore:C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\caubekimo\Desktop\DocProject2.chm::/html/00fa27c8-18d6-496c-6927-a6f391de0380.htm」

As you see, there is no "/html" in the first path...... :(
Should I set something up...?
Or is there any possibillity this be one bug...?

Best Regard
CauBe
Coordinator
Dec 28, 2007 at 11:36 AM
Hi CauBe,

Do you see the correct page in both cases?

If so then you probably shouldn't worry about it. It may just be the default behavior of Help 1.x.

If you don't then it may be a bug in either Sandcastle or the .chm compiler, but I doubt that DocProject has anything to do with it since it doesn't set the default page or create any URLs. But just to be sure please try to create a small test project that reproduces the behavior and send it to me so that I can test it.

- Dave
Dec 30, 2007 at 11:42 PM
Hi Dave,

Thanks for your reply, I have tried to create a smaller test one, but it behaves like the big one... =_=

If no bother, would you please show me your e-mail address, so I can send the whole project to you,
since I don't know how to use this forum... :(

Best Regard
CauBe
Coordinator
Dec 31, 2007 at 3:24 AM
Hi CauBe,

Thanks for your reply, I have tried to create a smaller test one, but it behaves like the big one... =_=

Just to be sure, I assume that when you click the page with the wrong URL you're getting a Page Cannot Be Displayed error or something similar. Is this the behavior you're talking about?

Please send me your email address using my online contact form and I'll reply with my email address so you can send the project to me.

- Dave