Documentation Project included in CVS (Subversion)

Topics: Bugs, General Discussion, General Questions
Jan 15, 2008 at 9:11 PM
I've added the docProject to my solution and successfully generated documentation with it. Since my solution is in subversion (CVS control) I then added the docProject files. Now when I try to generate documentation, I get the following error

---SNIP---

System.UnauthorizedAccessException was thrown during build preparation:

Access to the path 'all-wcprops' is denied.
---SNIP---

all-wcprops is a file generated by subversion when I add the files to it. It isn't used in creating documentation. I removed this project from subversion control and the issue goes away.

I would suggest that ".svn" folders be ignored during the build process and the issue should be resolved.

Joe
Jan 15, 2008 at 10:10 PM
Hi Joe,

DocProject deletes the buildhelp, Help\Html and Help\Html2 directories, as well as various files, to prepare for builds. These directories and files, which are build output, should not be included under source control.

If Subversion is adding files to build output directories, even if they aren't included under source control, then I'm sorry but there's nothing I can do about that.

- Dave
Jan 16, 2008 at 1:30 PM
That easy enough, then. I'll tell subversion to ignore those folders and all will be well. Thanks!

Joe
Jan 16, 2008 at 2:13 PM
Hi Joe,

If you need more details, see the Build Process article for a complete list.

- Dave