The resource cannot be found.

Topics: Bugs
Jun 29, 2010 at 5:24 PM
Dave, The DocProject is greate. The Site looks very profressional. However, when I click any link on the right hand side of the pane, I receive error - "The resource cannot be found". I don't have problem if I navigate links on the left hand side of the pane. How do work around this problem. Thanks. Server Error in '/LeadServicesAPIDocument' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The resource cannot be found. Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly. Requested URL: /LeadServicesAPIDocument/~/HelpFileNotFound.aspx -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3603; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3082 Best, Bobby
Coordinator
Jul 1, 2010 at 7:30 PM
Edited Jul 1, 2010 at 7:31 PM

Hi Bobby,

Are there any HTML files in the Help\html\ folder?  If you're testing on a web server, make sure you deploy all of the HTML files that Sandcastle generates.

It appears that there may be a configuration issue as well, since the URL in the error message is clearly wrong.  It looks like ASP.NET isn't properly removing the relative path placeholder, "~/", or perhaps there's a bug in the DocSite template.  Open up the DocSite.config file in your project and try removing the ~/ part in the helpFileNotFoundPath element.  This won't fix the problem of missing content, but at least it should fix the ASP.NET error.

- Dave