Support for VSTS 2008 RTM

Feb 21, 2008 at 1:42 PM
Hello Dev,

First of all thank you very much for incorporating Item#14033: "Allow Folders as Sources", in your latest release 1.10. This would be really helpfull in Continuous Integration.

The query is : Can you please release "DocProject" to compatible with VSTS 2008 RTM?
Feb 22, 2008 at 4:39 AM
Hi,

DocProject 2008 Beta 2 supports Visual Studio 2008 RTM, but I've only tested it with the Sandcastle October 2007 CTP, and of course it doesn't have the folders as sources feature.

I certainly plan to release a compatible and up-to-date version when I can. You can read about my plans in this blog post: DocProject Roadmap.

There's going to be a delay though, unfortunately, since I haven't been able to work with VS 2008 since the last release of DocProject 2008. I had expected to receive Visual Studio 2008 Standard Edition as part of the Web Solutions ToolKit for Microsoft partners in January, but they're having a problem recognizing that I've fulfilled the requirements, on August 20, 2007! I've sent them a few screenshots since January 21st to confirm and the last response that I received, recently, was:

Our Program Management Team is working to provide you with your Web Solutions Toolkit. We sincerely apologize for the delay. At this time, they are still working to get this issue resolved. We ask that you allow 2-3 business days for a resolution. [snip]

I'm not sure what the license agreement will be though, so I might not be able to use it to produce open source software, although I'm assuming it will be alright.

On a related note, my trial for Team Suite has expired too :D

- Dave
Feb 22, 2008 at 6:52 AM
Hello Dave,

Thank you for your honest and humble reply. Hope, your licence issue gets resolved, this would be important, atleast to me, if not to the "DocProject" community using VSTS2008 RTM.
Mar 3, 2008 at 7:25 PM
Update: Development is in-progress.

I plan to deploy the next version of DocProject 2008 in a month or so.

- Dave