General Ingorance

Topics: DocSites, General Discussion, General Questions, Help 1.x/2.x, Sandcastle
Mar 19, 2008 at 3:46 AM
Edited Mar 19, 2008 at 4:49 AM
Good Evening!

I have a fairly large e-commerce site that I need to provide visually-appealing documentation for and I wanted to use DocProject in visual Studio 2008. I ensured that the DXROOT environmental variable was removed and I then installed the SandCastle October 2007 CTP as well as DocProject 2008 Beta2.

I also added in the projects using the Visual Studio Content Installer and I did receive the error you guys refer to in the "2008 SDK not compatible with DocProject" discussion. I received the following error:

The Add-In 'Dave Sexton's DocProject' failed to load or caused an exception.
Would you like to remove this Add-In
If you choose yes, the file loaded from 'C\Documents and Settings\ThisUser\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Addins\DocProjects2008.Addin' will be renamed.

Error Message: The system cannot find the file specified.

Error number: 80070002

I tried rebooting but that only disabled the Add-In and, after I re-enabled the add-in in the Add-In Manager I received the same error. I think there is a configuration file pointing to the wrong location...

Can you please help?

Thanks!
Mar 19, 2008 at 5:02 AM
I found the problem but I am not sure how to fix it. If you go into the C:\Program Files\Dave Sexton\DocProject\2008\Setup\Addin folder and open the DocProject2008.AddIn file the reference to the assembly is incorrect. Is says C:\Program Files\Dave Sexton\DocProject\bin\DaveSexton.DocProject.dll and is missing "2008" - the correct reference is C:\Program Files\Dave Sexton\DocProject\2008\bin\DaveSexton.DocProject.dll.

I, of course, tried making the change in Visual Studio, saved the file and deleted the old one from the My Documents AddIn folder. I then used the Content utility to move the DLL over again and I still received the same error...
Mar 19, 2008 at 6:52 AM
Hi,

The content installer should not be executed manually unless there is a problem. It's provided merely as an easy way to quickly reinstall the content without having to uninstall DocProject if the AddIn or templates are accidentally deleted from their installed locations, for example.

Try reinstalling DocProject and it should work fine without running the content installer. If you still have a problem please let me know.

I'll check the issue that you mentioned with the setup AddIn file and if there's a problem I'll fix it for the next release.

Thanks,
Dave