New DocProject Error

Topics: Bugs
Mar 27, 2008 at 1:00 PM
Hi,

First thing, I want to say that this is a very good add-in that is long waited for.

I've installed the last version, 1.10.1 RC, on a Windows 2000 pro OS. (Yes, there are still some who use it.). And, I'm running VS.Net 2005 Pro.
I then tried to create a new DocProject on the soultion that I'm working on. The soution has many projects. most of them are class libraries.
Before the wizard started, I got an error message saying that "... the same item already exits...", and it refered me to the Application Event Log to look for further details.
I looked there only to find that it is trying to insert an item in a dictionary collection in the ChooseSourcesControl.AddProject(IAnyProject sourceProject).
I tried it several times with the same result.

Then, I tried to create a new DocProject on an empty soution. Which worked fine.
I, then, followed the steps in the wizard and in "How To Build Compiled Help With DocProject " wiki.
Finally, I compiled the project successfully. And, I also manged to open the .chm help file successfully.

I looked at my solution more carefully, and I think I know way the wizard had a problem.
I have two different class library projects with the same exact name. They reside at different paths on the disk and in the solution they are in different folders.

I hope this helps in recreating the problem.

Dan
Mar 27, 2008 at 3:19 PM
Hi Dan,

Thanks for reporting this issue. It does seem like a usage scenario that I didn't account for.

I'll add it as a work item and try to reproduce it. If I can I'll fix it for the next release.

- Dave
Mar 27, 2008 at 3:21 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.