Adding project reference

Topics: General Questions
Apr 29, 2008 at 8:18 AM
Hi.

I've created a DocProject project inside a solution which contains multiple other projects. In the wizard, I've selected only one of those projects and documented it.

Now I'd like to add another project. I've added areference to that project, but API managment dialog doesn't show me it's classes.

What do I need to do to make the new project recognized?
Coordinator
Apr 29, 2008 at 10:04 AM
Hi,

If you've added a project reference (as opposed to an assembly reference) then it will work automatically if the project type is supported.

Do you recall seeing the project listed in the last step of the New Project Wizard? If so, then it's a supported project type.

Also, the project must be built at least once before you'll see its topics in the Topic Management dialog. Make sure it's built and then try again. If you still don't see the topics try clicking the refresh button in the tool bar.

Please let me know if you get it working.

- Dave
Coordinator
Apr 29, 2008 at 10:05 AM
And also make sure that it contains at least one public type otherwise you'll have to set the Documentation scope property to a value of Complete.
Apr 29, 2008 at 10:12 AM
Thanks for your feedback.

I've added it indeed as a project reference. It contains public classes and it's built.
It still doesn't appear.

I don't see a refresh button either. It has only Toggle Expansion button.
Apr 29, 2008 at 10:16 AM
OK, deleting obj and buildhelp folders solved the problem.
Coordinator
Apr 29, 2008 at 10:27 AM
Thanks for the update.

If you don't see a refresh button then you're using an older version of DocProject 1.x RC or, perhaps, you're using DocProject 2008 Beta. In either case you may have identified a bug that is now solved by clicking the refresh button manually.

FYI, the next release of DocProject will be available soon after the next Sandcastle release, which I hope will be available within a few days.

- Dave
Apr 29, 2008 at 1:15 PM
It's 2008 Beta indeed.

Thanks for the update, will keep an open eye.