Error on build, "Error" skipped

Topics: General Questions
Sep 1, 2011 at 6:17 PM

I built my help file then went in and changed the feedback e-mail from Microsoft to my company and in the shared_content.xml, changed the send feedback text from Microsoft to my company.

I rebuilt the help file and got the following error message which doesn't help me since I have no idea why changing the e-mail address and the "Microsoft" text to go to my companies attention - and not sure if this is a VStudio error or a DocProject one.

------ Build started: Project: BenuHelp, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
Build started 9/1/2011 11:10:43 AM.
Building with tools version "3.5".
Target _CheckForInvalidConfigurationAndPlatform:
  Task "Error" skipped, due to false condition; ( '$(_InvalidConfigurationError)' == 'true' ) was evaluated as ( '' == 'true' ).
  Task "Warning" skipped, due to false condition; ( '$(_InvalidConfigurationWarning)' == 'true' ) was evaluated as ( '' == 'true' ).
  Task "Message"
    Configuration=Debug
  Done executing task "Message".
  Task "Message"
    Platform=AnyCPU
  Done executing task "Message".
  Task "Error" skipped, due to false condition; ('$(OutDir)' != '' and !HasTrailingSlash('$(OutDir)')) was evaluated as ('bin\Debug\' != '' and !HasTrailingSlash('bin\Debug\')).
  Task "Error" skipped, due to false condition; ('$(BaseIntermediateOutputPath)' != '' and !HasTrailingSlash('$(BaseIntermediateOutputPath)')) was evaluated as ('obj\' != '' and !HasTrailingSlash('obj\')).
  Task "Error" skipped, due to false condition; ('$(IntermediateOutputPath)' != '' and !HasTrailingSlash('$(IntermediateOutputPath)')) was evaluated as ('obj\Debug\' != '' and !HasTrailingSlash('obj\Debug\')).
Target "Build" skipped. Previously built unsuccessfully.

Done building project "BenuHelp.csproj" -- FAILED.

Build FAILED.

Time Elapsed 00:00:00.00
========== Build: 12 succeeded or up-to-date, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

Sep 1, 2011 at 8:40 PM

Hi,

I doubt that particular change was related to the build failure.

Were any errors logged?  The log that you posted is of no help.  Try changing the MSBuild output verbosity to Normal or higher, if it's not already.  Then do a Rebuild and post any errors that you find in the output window.

Also check the Windows Event Viewer for events with DocProject as the source.

- Dave