Error when using DocProject for the first time

May 12, 2008 at 10:46 AM
Hello,

I'm using docProject for the first time today and it fails for a reason I cannot explain.

I installed Sandcastle 2.4.10111 and DocProject. I work with VS 2005 SP1.

I created in my solution a DocProject project, choose to target Help 1.x and 2.x. I had to install HTML Help Workshop that was missing.
Then selected the project that I want a documentation generated. I  then received the following error:

An error occurred while running the New Project Wizard:
System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files\Visual Studio 2005 SDK\2007.02\VisualStudioIntegration\Tools\Sandcastle\Schemas\Authoring'.

I checked my disk and created the last 2 parts of the required folder that was missing : "
.\Schemas\Authoring ".

Then I retried and received this error:

System.InvalidOperationException: The 'Documentation' project is missing the name of the Sandcastle presentation style that it uses.  This may occur when a new DocProject or DocSite is created without running Visual Studio as an administrator.  Run VS as an admin and try creating a new project.

The message seems quite clear, but I don't know what to do. In the wizard I chose the Sandcastle prototype style. I run VS2005 on XP Pro with an administrator account.

When I restarted VS2005, and tried to build the DocProject project I received again the message :
Error    1    The "BuildDocProject" task failed unexpectedly.
System.InvalidOperationException: The 'Documentation' project is missing the name of the Sandcastle presentation style that it uses.  This may occur when a new DocProject or DocSite is created without running Visual Studio as an administrator.  Run VS as an admin and try creating a new project.
   at DaveSexton.DocProject.Sandcastle.SandcastleBuildEngineProvider.CreateProjectOptions(IDocProject project)
   at DaveSexton.DocProject.VSDocProject.get_Options()
   at DaveSexton.DocProject.Engine.BuildEngine`2.get_Options()
   at DaveSexton.DocProject.Sandcastle.SandcastleSettings..ctor(IBuildEngine engine)
   at DaveSexton.DocProject.Sandcastle.SandcastleBuildEngineProvider.CreateBuildSettings(IBuildEngine engine)
   at DaveSexton.DocProject.Engine.BuildEngine`2.get_Settings()
   at DaveSexton.DocProject.Sandcastle.SandcastleBuildEngine.get_ProjectItems()
   at DaveSexton.DocProject.Engine.BuildEngine`2.UpdateProjectItems()
   at DaveSexton.DocProject.Engine.BuildEngine`2.Refresh()
   at DaveSexton.DocProject.Engine.BuildEngine`2.Build(BuildContext context)
   at DaveSexton.DocProject.Engine.BuildEngine`2.Build()
   at DaveSexton.DocProject.BuildController.Build(IDocProject project, BuildType buildType)
   at DaveSexton.DocProject.BuildController.Build(IDocProject project)
   at DaveSexton.DocProject.MSBuild.BuildDocProject.Execute()
   at Microsoft.Build.BuildEngine.TaskEngine.ExecuteTask(ExecutionMode howToExecuteTask, Hashtable projectItemsAvailableToTask, BuildPropertyGroup projectPropertiesAvailableToTask, Boolean& taskClassWasFound)    Documentation

What could be missing? Thanks for any advice.
May 12, 2008 at 10:55 AM
Ok, I delete my project and recreated it, choosing this time only Sandcastle prototype presentation and Help 1.x.

I got the following error:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Program Files\Visual Studio 2005 SDK\2007.02\VisualStudioIntegration\Tools\Sandcastle\Presentation\Prototype\Configuration\conceptual.config'.
File name: 'C:\Program Files\Visual Studio 2005 SDK\2007.02\VisualStudioIntegration\Tools\Sandcastle\Presentation\Prototype\Configuration\conceptual.config'

Just for the information, in my application events I got the following warning displayed just before the above error:

One or more Visual Studio templates do not match any installed project packages.

Ok, I checked my disk and in the folder specified I found only a file named "sandcastle.config"; conceptual.config was not found.

Is my installation incomplete? That could be a trivial issue as I don't find anything on the web.
Thanks for any advice.
May 12, 2008 at 4:24 PM
Hi,

See this discussion: 

https://www.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ProjectName=DocProject&ThreadId=26931

- Dave