Conceptual Topic - Insert Images

Topics: Conceptual Topics, Sandcastle
Jun 20, 2008 at 3:05 PM
Hi,

I created an DocSite Project, but only with conceptual topics. I've alredy added more than 25 conceptual topics and I need to add images to the topis. I alredy searched the internet for example and found some solutions, as:

in the sandcastle help I found the mediaLink tag
in the DocProject's Tips and Tricks, I found an example teaching how to add images.

What I unterstand is that I need to add the image to the art folder so it gets an UID and put this UID in the mediaLink tag, is that all right?

I just don't know where in the DocSite template in VS 2008 is the option avaiable.

Can you help me?

Thanks in advance.

[]'s,

Sérgio Ciglione
Coordinator
Jun 21, 2008 at 7:56 AM
Hi Sergio,

See the instructions in your project's Help\Settings\conceptual_art.xml file.

Basically you have to register the images in that file and assign an ID yourself (it can be any string - not case-sensitive), and then use the following markup in your topics:

<mediaLink>
  <image xlink:href="some id"/>
</mediaLink> 

Alternatively, you can use <mediaLinkInline> instead if the image should run with the text.

- Dave
Coordinator
Jun 21, 2008 at 7:58 AM
Note that if you applied the Sandcastle Styles patch before creating your DocProject or DocSite then you also have image and caption placement attributes that you can use.  Refer to the MAML guide (a separate download in Sandcastle Styles) for more information.
Jun 24, 2008 at 12:34 PM
Hi Dave,

Thanks for your help. It works just fine, now I don't have any major problems with DocSite.

Thank you very much. (and more) : )

[]'s,

Sérgio Ciglione