Code block filtering

Topics: General Questions
Jun 26, 2008 at 2:41 AM
Ok, I thought I had this working but now it is not. My code block has no language label in the CHM and it does not filter.

I have tried this with both the VS2005 and the prototype style.

Here is my code block:

''' <example>The following example uses the Advance Filter Dialog to Filter a DataGridView.

''' <code lang="vb">

''' Private CurrentFilter As String

''' Private Sub AdvancedFilterButton_Click(ByVal sender as object, e as System.EventArgs) Handles AdvancedFilterButton.Click

''' Dim AdvFilterDialog as New DataGridViewUtilities.AdvancedFilterDialog

''' AdvFilterDialog.DataGridView=DataGridView1

''' AdvFilterDialog.FilterName=CurrentFilter

''' If AdvFilterDialog.DialogResults=Windows.Forms.DialogResult.OK then

''' With CType(DataGridView1.DataSource, BindingSource)

''' .Filter=AdvFilterDialog.Filter

''' .Sort=AdvFilterDialog.Sort

''' CurrentFilter=AdvFilterDialog.FilterName

''' End With

''' End if

''' End Sub

''' </code>

''' </example>

I've tried lang= vb, VB.NET, Visual Basic, visualbasic and nothing seems to work.

Coordinator
Jun 26, 2008 at 3:07 AM
Hi,

Sandcastle does not provide support for the lang attribute.

Eric Woodruff has written a custom build component that extends support for the code element, including the lang attribute, and its available as part of a separate download from SHFB called, Sandcastle Standalone Build Components.  Others have reported that it works in DocProject as well.  Read the documentation for the component and then read the following article for help adding it to a DocProject or DocSite.

How to Use Third-Party Build Components in DocProject
http://www.codeplex.com/DocProject/Wiki/View.aspx?title=How%20To%20Use%20Third-Party%20Build%20Components%20in%20DocProject

- Dave
Jun 26, 2008 at 3:16 AM

Thanks, I just finished reading our article. I have the components and will install them.

Clif