Errors in Step 7 of DocProject

Topics: Bugs
Jul 14, 2008 at 9:09 AM
Hi there,

I have visual studio vs2005 and vs2008 installed om WinXP SP2. I have installed the may2008 version of DocProject and the patch. I have installed DocProject just for VS2005 and not 2008. 

I get the following type of errors in the errorlist when I compile the project:

Error 1 The reference targets file 'C:\Program Files\Sandcastle\Data\Reflection\2.0\Accessibility.xml' is not valid. The error message is: The target file 'file:///C:/Program Files/Sandcastle/Data/Reflection/2.0/Accessibility.xml' is not valid.  

I get a lot of them for different files. Some of the errors is looking at the version 3 and 3.5 directories although the project is a Framework 2.0 project.

Can I get any help here please. 
Coordinator
Jul 14, 2008 at 2:09 PM
Hi,

Are you using the latest version of Sandcastle?  Sandcastle installs the Framework reflection files, so maybe try reinstalling it just to be sure that nothing is corrupted. (First uninstall it and make sure that the entire Data folder is removed, then reinstall.)

Also, do you have a VS SDK installed?  If so, refer to the section in the Latest Release Notes (§Optional Software, Important SDK Installation Notes) about a compatibility issue that you must resolve manually when SDKs are installed.

- Dave
Jul 15, 2008 at 3:32 AM
Hi Dave,

It would have solved my problem:-) I just unistalled everything and then reinstalled in a logical order and everything worked afterwards. So thank you so much for the reply.

Regards

Nic