(unknown) Feedback

Topics: Bugs, General Discussion
Aug 26, 2008 at 2:46 PM

(May 16 at 12:00 PM)
[Unknown] wrote the following in the home page comments section, which I've moved into the discussions area because it brings up an issue for which I never got a chance to respond.  CodePlex doesn't notify me of new wiki comments.


Wow, it's a great tool. I love the Hana style and it creates great help files. Thank you, very useful.

A hint for subversion users, if you want to add this project to your archive, do it just after its creation, else if you try to "ignore" temporary files it could be a challenge because if you ignore to many files you will have an error when clean or rebuild and the project.

Aug 26, 2008 at 2:49 PM
Hi,

Thanks for the feedback, I'll try to reproduce the error and have it fixed for the production release.

Any chance that the original author is monitoring this forum and would like to provide additional information about the error and also name themselves?  I apologize but in the copy & paste operation I accidentally lost their user name.

- Dave
Aug 26, 2008 at 4:37 PM
Work item: 
http://www.codeplex.com/DocProject/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=18109
Sep 10, 2008 at 11:53 PM
I'm not the original poster, but I believe I'm having the same issue. I'm also rather new to Sandcastle and very new to DocProject, so I don't know what's relevant and what's not. So if I missed anything, just ask. Here's what I did:

1. Created a new project based on the DocProject template in VS 2008 on a solution with a mature code base using the Sandcastle/Deployment engine. The solution is under Subversion control using TortoiseSVN (1.5.3) on the client with VisualSVN (1.5.2) integration.

2. Configured and successfully ran a full build of the new project. This may be significant because it took nearly 15 minutes to build (which is okay considering the size of the solution). Note that the project is configured to only build Help 1.x documentation.

3. Changed the configuration for the project. Specifically:
3.1. Configuration => Document set name was changed from "MySolution.Docs.Code" to "MySolution Code Documentation".
3.2. Deployment => Target location was changed to "..\Documentation\".

4. Opened the context menu for the project (right-click in the solution explorer) and selected "Clean".

At this point VS froze. After about 10 minutes, I killed the process.

I checked the bin\debug folder to see what remained. Everything was deleted except for the chm and chw files (with dots "." replaced by underscores "_" in their file names) and the subfolders (pulled from the ouptuts of the referenced assemblies), except that the files in the subfolders were deleted successfully.

5. Re-opened the solution and tried to clean it again to see what would happen. VS froze again. Killed again.


Sep 11, 2008 at 1:17 PM
Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.

I'm using SVN at work so when I get time I'll try to reproduce the issue and report back with a workaround.

- Dave