Location of Compiled Help on DocSite with IIS7

Topics: DocSites, General Questions
Nov 11, 2008 at 8:35 PM
Is there any way to change the destination folder of the compiled help documentation to be someplace other than /Help/bin when creating a DocSite project?  Using IIS7, there is a /bin restriction that also applies to this folder, and I get a 404.8 (The request filtering module is configured to deny a path in the URL that contains a hiddenSegment section.)

It is not the end of the world, since I can come up with a simple post-build process to move it somewhere else and reflect that location in DocSite.config's compiledHelpFilePath node.  Just wondering if there might be a cleaner way of doing it, without removing the /bin filtering?  I know that I can override the segment filtering on that level (in the /Help folder), as well, so that is always another option.

Thanks,

Joseph
Coordinator
Nov 12, 2008 at 6:27 AM
Hi Joseph,

There aren't any settings that you can modify to change the output folder so you'll have to stick with one of your ideas for now.  But I'll add this as a work item and try to take care of it in the next release (probably by changing the output folder from Help\bin to Help\out, or something along those lines).

- Dave
Coordinator
Nov 12, 2008 at 6:28 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Nov 12, 2008 at 1:07 PM
Thank you, very much, Dave!  Both for the response, and for DocProject as a whole!

Joseph