TFS Build and DocProject

Jan 29, 2009 at 4:20 PM
Is there an how to somewhere for intergation with tfs build server?

i'm getting error : 
 The imported project "C:\bin\DaveSexton.DocProject.targets" was not found. Confirm that the path in the <Import> declaration is correct, and that the file exists on disk.

i already add : <Import Project="C:\Program Files\Dave Sexton\DocProject\bin\DaveSexton.DocProject.targets" /> to the build.proj

Jan 30, 2009 at 2:06 PM
Hi,

Have you installed DocProject on the server?

- Dave
Jan 30, 2009 at 3:21 PM
yes, and sandcastle also.
Feb 2, 2009 at 12:18 AM
Hi,

DocProject installs a DocProjectPath environment variable, but it appears that it's not being read by the TFS process.  I suggest that you make sure this environment variable exists and then reboot to complete the installation.

- Dave
Feb 16, 2009 at 2:32 PM
I had the same problem and found that docproject and sandcastle weren't installed properly.   I uninstalled them and reinstalled and that error message went away.  I am now getting another similar error that D:\Microsoft.CSharp.Targets was not found.  Confirm the <Import> declaration is correct.

I verified that the DocProject project compiles and builds successfully on the build server through Visual Studio, but it will not through the nightly scheduled process of TFS.

Any ideas?

Joe

Feb 16, 2009 at 8:13 PM
Hi Joe,

Try installing SP1 if you haven't already.  If that doesn't work then open your project file and try using MSBuildToolsPath and MSBuildBinPath to see which works for you, as in, <Import Project="$(MSBuildToolsPath)\Microsoft.CSharp.targets" />.

Please see this work item for more information:

MSBuildToolsPath problem
http://www.codeplex.com/DocProject/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=17559

- Dave