Viewing Enumeration Members

Topics: General Questions
Apr 13, 2009 at 7:55 PM
When I build my project, there is an enumeration type that shows its Members in the help file but when I'm in the Topic Explorer, the type does not show anything under it, i.e., no plus sign.

How do I get the members for an enumeration type to show up in the topic explorer?
Coordinator
Apr 14, 2009 at 6:04 AM
Hi,

Topic Explorer provides a manageable view of the table of contents (TOC) that Sandcastle generates.  Enum constants are not shown because Sandcastle does not include them in the TOC.

What's the reason that you would like to see the Enum fields listed in Topic Explorer?

- Dave
Apr 14, 2009 at 3:44 PM
For some reason, the summary descriptions in the .cs file are not being added to the chm file, so I need them to show up so I can manually add the summaries.
Coordinator
Apr 14, 2009 at 3:59 PM
Hi,

Ah, well that would be a good reason :)  However, the XML documentation summaries of Enum fields should show up anyway, so let's try fixing that problem.

Are there other XML documentation summaries elsewhere in the code that are showing up in the same help file?

Have you applied any filters?  i.e., Are any topics unchecked?  Do you have any dynamic filters enabled?

Can you confirm whether the XML documentation file that the C# compiler produces contains the summaries for your Enum fields?

- Dave
Apr 14, 2009 at 4:33 PM
Yes, other summaries do show up.

No filters.

Yes, they show up in the XML doc file but we found that the project on my hard drive wasn't set up to generate the file. We fixed that and now the summaries show up in the chm file.

Thanks!!!!!