Filling in descriptions column for fields table

Topics: General Questions
May 5, 2009 at 8:59 PM
In our error manager file, there is a list of the errors along with a description but when I build the project, the description does not show up in the fields table, just the field name. The description column is there but is blank.

There is a listing of the codes along with the code value which is where I think, but am not sure, the data is getting pulled from for the fields table:

public const int PROVIDER_MESSAGE = 0;

Here is how the message info is in the code:

new MessageInfo { Code = PROVIDER_MESSAGE, Description = "Provider-supplied message", MessageType = MessageType.ProviderResponse },

So, how do I get the description to show up in the fields table?
Coordinator
May 9, 2009 at 6:37 AM

Hi,

Sorry but I don't understand your question.  Are you describing an issue with API reference documentation or something else entirely?  If you're having trouble with API reference documentation that Sandcastle automatically generates from your code and XML documentation, then please be more specific about where the problem is and how I can reproduce it on my own.

Please specify steps that I can follow to reproduce the problem, or if that's too complicated, reproduce the problem in a short but complete example project and then contact me here and I'll respond with my email address so that you can send it to me.

- Dave

May 11, 2009 at 4:26 PM

I don't know what it is a problem with. All I know is that the descriptions in my tables are missing and I don't know where to put the descriptions in the code so that they show up in the table.

http://crochetuncut.com/temp/FieldsNoDesc.jpg

Coordinator
May 13, 2009 at 2:49 PM

Hi,

Have you tried adding a summary to the fields?

/// <summary>
/// This is the description.
/// </summary>
public static bool ACCOUNT_NAME_IS_REQUIRED = true;

- Dave

May 19, 2009 at 4:20 PM

Thanks!