Signs of life?

Topics: General Discussion, General Questions
Jun 11, 2009 at 5:49 PM
Edited Jun 11, 2009 at 5:50 PM

It's been a year since the last release. Any signs of life? :( It looks like the discussions are still alive, but I kind of depend on this project for SlimDX...

Jun 11, 2009 at 6:39 PM

Hi,

I appreciate your concern.  The project is still active, although I haven't spent any time in quite a while on developing DocProject further or fixing bugs.  I'll have to comit to that soon when I start buildling a new version for VS 2010.  I don't plan on adding new features specifically for VS 2005 in the next release though.  From here on I'll be using LINQ and other C# 3.0 enhancements, whenever it is that I get around to refactoring the codebase to begin VS 2010 development.  (I plan on targeting VS 2008 and VS 2010 in the next release.)  Note that my overall plans and the features that I want to work on haven't changed much.

The past year I've been working on the MAML Editor whenever I got a chance.  Unfortuately, I haven't gotten many chances lately but I've accomplished a tremendous amount anyway.  People email me once in a while about the editor and I keep promising a new blog post (wich is collecting dust, half-written, with screenshots) but there are still so many bugs in the tool that I'm not confident about deploying it yet.  I'll have to commit to finsihing up that blog post one of these weekends and iron out some of those showstoppers.

Thanks,

Dave