How to build a new project VS2008

Topics: General Discussion, General Questions, Sandcastle
Aug 10, 2009 at 6:03 PM

I am sorry to bother you with this, but I'm afraid I need more specifics. I've updated vs2008 with sr1, downloaded, installed sandcastle, downloaded latest release of DocProject, deleted user paths to dxroot, changed the ...dll.config file, etc as described in "http://docproject.codeplex.com/Wiki/View.aspx?title=Wikimap&referringTitle=Home".  I think I'm ready.

I open a project that I want to add documentation to.  I add new Project, and use DocProject in My Templates.  The New DocProject Wizard appears.  I choose Sandcastle as my Build Engine, and Sandcastle Prototype as my Presentation.  then I get the screen to "Import Topics and Settings". 

Where is this "Import Topics and Settings".  Is this from a DocProject that I was supposed to build before?  Or, has one been supplied by the downloads and I can't find it?  I tried to build a DocProject separately from a project I want to document, and I have the same problem.  I get to the same screen and frustration. 

Thank you for any help, of course. 

Aug 10, 2009 at 6:24 PM

Doubly sorry to bother you.  I thought I needed to select something from the "Import Topics and Settings" screen.  Evidently, I didn't.  I just 'next'-ed through this screen, and voila, I see the compiled help options, which I chose, and pretty soon I was at finish and a new project in my solution file.  Thanks Dave, for DocProject, I think I'm on my way.

Coordinator
Aug 10, 2009 at 6:29 PM

Hi,

Import Topics and Settings is an optional step.  Its purpose is to make it easier to upgrade to newer versions of DocProject and/or to easily use settings and topics from shared (defaults) projects.  If you don't want to use it then just click Next.

See the following article for more information about the New Project Wizard:

http://docproject.codeplex.com/Wiki/View.aspx?title=Configuring%20Projects%20with%20the%20New%20Project%20Wizard

- Dave

Aug 10, 2009 at 6:34 PM

Thanks, Dave, for some reason, I never saw the (optional) qualifier.  I also didn’t see this article so thanks for that.  I appreciate your reply, and I’m thankful for your project.  Much, much better than the sandcastle command line option.

Sent: Monday, August 10, 2009 11:30 AM
To: Rick Paquette
Subject: Re: How to build a new project VS2008 [DocProject:65089]

Hi,

Import Topics and Settings is an optional step. Its purpose is to make it easier to upgrade to newer versions of DocProject and/or to easily use settings and topics from shared (defaults) projects. If you don't want to use it then just click Next.

See the following article for more information about the New Project Wizard:

http://docproject.codeplex.com/Wiki/View.aspx?title=Configuring%20Projects%20with%20the%20New%20Project%20Wizard

- Dave

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (DocProject@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email DocProject@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Coordinator
Aug 11, 2009 at 2:20 AM

Hi,

It's no bother.  Glad it's working for you now.

- Dave