no summary, param, remarks, etc. in the generated chm file

Topics: DocSites, Help 1.x/2.x, Sandcastle
Nov 19, 2009 at 12:13 AM

Hi,

I finally get the Sandcastle and DocProject working in the Visual Studio 2008.   The CHM file or the web site (DocSite) is generated.  But there is a small problem.  None of the class, property, or method has summary, param, remarks that I added in my C# source code with /// <summary> <param> or <remarks>.

Is there anything missing in my configuration file?   Please help.

Best,

bobbyfu

Nov 19, 2009 at 1:16 AM

Additional information.

1. I have enabled generating XML Document option from the DocSite project.  The XML file is in the bin\DocSite.XML.

2. DocProject version is 1.11.0.0 and Sandcastle is 2.4.10520.1

Now what?

Nov 19, 2009 at 2:35 AM

Hi Bobbyfu,

You've almost got it right.  You have to enable XML documentation output for the source projects, not the DocSite project.

DocProject gathers all of the XML documentation output from each of the source projects and passes them to Sandcastle.  The XML documentation output for the DocSite project itself, if you've enabled it, is entirely ignored.

- Dave

Nov 19, 2009 at 10:49 PM

Thanks Dave for pointing out my mistake.  I enabled the XML document output for the source project, rebuilt the entire solution (including the DocSite).  The /// <summery> tag and other tags are still not showing up in the CHM file and in the HTM files. 

What's else I forget?   Thanks.

- Bobby

Nov 19, 2009 at 11:00 PM

Hi Dave,

I got it.  I was looking at a class with no summary.   Thanks.   Nice tool.

- Bobby