Progress Status of your MAML-Editor

Topics: Features, General Discussion, General Questions
Nov 19, 2009 at 1:35 PM

Hello Dave,

for a long time ago you write about a MAML-Editor.  I want to ask you what is the status of the Editor? Is it possible that you send me a Beta-Version of your application? I´m using your DocProject 1.11.0 in a huge application. Someone of my Teammembers should assit me to make the documentation but he didn´t familiry with HTML, Tags and so one. I think it would be a big help for me and him, if I can use your Editor.

Thanks for your answer

Michael

Nov 19, 2009 at 3:07 PM

Hi Michael,

I work on it when I can find the time.  I've been on a crazy project and work schedule for several months now, so that isn't helping either :)  Also, I've begun updating DocProject to support Visual Studio 2010, so that's going to take up a couple of months as well.

You may want to take a look at DocTools in the mean time.  I haven't tried it myself, but I suspect that it produces HTML output.  If you could somehow configure it to save the HTML into the Help\Topics\HTML\ folder of your DocProject or DocSite, then you can import the HTML files into Topic Explorer and build your documentation as normal.

Of course, I recommend MAML over HTML, but without a nice WYSIWYG experience you may prefer the DocTools approach for now.

Alternatively, you could have the team author HTML topics in Visual Studio using the built-in HTML designer.  It works well with CSS references too, so that might make it a bit easier to keep the documents uniform without having all of the benefits that MAML provides.

- Dave