DocProject for VS 2010 beta

Topics: Conceptual Topics, Features, General Discussion, General Questions
Dec 2, 2009 at 7:06 PM

Do you plan to release a version of DocProject that would be compatible with VS 2010 beta 2 in a near futur?

Or does anybody use the current release with VS 2010 Beta2?

Coordinator
Dec 2, 2009 at 9:07 PM
Edited Dec 2, 2009 at 9:44 PM

Hi,

I can’t promise that I’ll get a Beta 2 release out there, but I’m at least trying to get something ready in time for the RTM release of VS.  There’s some great new possibilities for extensibility in VS 2010 and I’m currently researching the best way to bring DocProject forward.

Thanks,
Dave

Jan 12, 2010 at 1:56 PM

Any results of the research?

Thanks - Karl

Coordinator
Jan 12, 2010 at 3:20 PM

Hi Karl,

Yes, I've already begun converting DocProject 2008 to DocProject 2010 (1.12.0) and it will support the latest source code of Sandcastle.  I'll also include as many bug fixes as I can.  The next release will not, however, contain any significant new features; that will be my next objective for DocProject 2.0, which I had already begun working on quite some time ago but it was deferred for the MAML editor.  It will have to wait even longer because I'd like to continue working on the MAML editor as my next immediate task.

- Dave

Coordinator
Jan 13, 2010 at 6:12 PM

Hi,

To clarify my last response for everyone, I mean that DocProject 1.12.0 is coming next.  I'm trying to get something working that supports VS 2010 Beta 2 now, but it's looking like the next release might have to wait until VS 2010 RC.  After that task is completed - 1.12.0 is out in the wild - then I'm going to try to get the first beta of the MAML editor released, after I fix some major showstoppers.  Following that my third task will be, unless preempted by something more important, to work on DocProject 2.0 where I plan to include major features such as support for continuous integration and first-class localization, etc.

- Dave