Error with NetTiers projects

Topics: Bugs, General Questions
Apr 19, 2007 at 3:11 PM
When I try to build a NetTiers project in Visual Studio, I get a message box indicating that an error has been logged in the Application log and then VS continues with the build normally. Below is the error. I'm not sure how to debug to find out what the value is as I don't do any VS add-in development:

Fatal build error in project 'TD.ProjectDomain.Entities\TD.ProjectDomain.Entities.csproj'

System.ArgumentException: Value does not fall within the expected range.
at EnvDTE.Projects.Item(Object index)
at DaveSexton.DocProjectAddin.IdeEventListener.OnBuildProjConfigDone(String project, String projectConfig, String platform, String solutionConfig, Boolean success)
Apr 19, 2007 at 4:38 PM
Hi,

This issue has been fixed for the next release of DocProject. See the following work items for more information:

Sorry for any inconvenience.

- Dave
Apr 25, 2007 at 1:11 PM
The links to the issues don't seem to be working for me.

Which version did this issue exist in? If it's the current, when is the next release planned?
Apr 25, 2007 at 5:50 PM
Hi,

The links to the issues don't seem to be working for me.

They aren't working for me either but it's a CodePlex server issue, because they certainly were working when I posted them. Find them on the Issue Tracker and click the link there - you'll get the same result - an error.

Which version did this issue exist in? If it's the current, when is the next release planned?

It's the current release (1.4.0 RC) in which you will get an error when you add a nested project to a Solution Folder or any project type that is not compatible with DocProject.

I've already fixed this issue for the next release 1.5.0 ReleaseCandidate. (CodePlex doesn't make the link very prominent, but if you click Planned on the releases page you'll find it).
- Dave