DocProject does not support the latest release of Sandcastle yet.
This version of DocProject is only compatible with the Sandcastle May 2008 Release
- This release provides full support for both Visual Studio 2005 and Visual Studio 2008 from a single installer.
- This will most likely be the final Release Candidate for DocProject 1.x. The next release will be the first production release of DocProject; therefore, bug reports and feedback on this release is especially crucial.
- The source code is no longer packaged with the installer - it is available for download in the Source Code area of this website.
- There were several breaking changes made to this release and also some new features that will help to make the transition from older DocProject versions easier.
- DocProjects and DocSites created by a previous release are no longer compatible. Use the new Import Topics and Settings step in the New Project Wizard to upgrade existing DocProjects and DocSites.
- The DocProjectBuildPath environment variable has been deprecated and replaced by DocProjectPath, which is the path to DocProject's root installation folder - not the bin subfolder. DocProjectBuildPath is still created by the installer in this release, but it won't be in subsequent releases.
- Keys in the Help\Settings\versions.xml file (used by the Version management dialog) that were generated using full source paths are no longer valid and should be removed from the file.
Additional breaking changes are indicated by changeset notes in the Source Code
The following issues apply to this release.
- When creating a new DocProject or DocSite in Visual Studio 2008 you can choose the target version of the .NET Framework. If you select .NET 3.5 there is no issue; however, if you select .NET 3.0 or 2.0 then you must manually remove a few invalid assembly references after the project is created: System.Core, System.Data.DataSetExtensions and System.Xml.Linq.
A list of the latest updates and features is available on the home page
Before installing DocProject please read the Latest Release Notes
for important information, requirements and instructions.
Help with installation and usage can be found in the How To...
Links to preliminary documentation can be found in the Wikimap
Download and apply the latest patch from Sandcastle Styles
before using DocProject.
This patch provides bug fixes for common issues with Sandcastle's presentation styles and also adds additional features that are supported by DocProject.Windows 2000 Users
It has been reported that the DocProject installer is incompatible with Windows 2000. If you are using Windows 2000 then you must extract the installer files on Windows XP or higher, copy the files to the Windows 2000 machine and then run Setup.exe
. To extract the files run DocProject-####RC.exe /c
in a command window.